I offer services as a freelance grant writer and consultant for projects ranging from rainforest conservation to art camp for kids.
In my previous role as the full time Grant Writer/ Prospect Researcher for Dillard University, a 150 year old Historically Black University in New Orleans, Louisiana, I secured nearly a million dollars in grant funding.
Contact me about your project and let me hook you up with the resources you need to carry out your vision!
lizkimbrough @ gmail.com
- 2019 The Kresge Foundation, Dillard University: Mitigating Transportation Barriers ($100,000)
- 2019 Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Dillard University Youth Obesity Project ($200,000)
- 2019 Study Abroad Capacity Building, Dillard University ($35,000)
- 2019 General Board of Higher Education and Ministry’s Black College Fund, Dillard University ($35,000)
- 2019 Apple/Thurgood Marshall College Fund, Dillard University ($75,000)
- 2018 Louisiana Rolling Seminar Fellowship, Louisiana Sea Grant ($1,000)
- 2017 World Conference for Science Journalists Student Travel Fellowship ($2,300)
- 2017 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Internship Award ($5,000)
- 2016 Reporting Fellowship for Ecological Society of America Conference, Public Library of Science ($500)
- 2015 Stone Center for Latin American Studies Travel Award, Tulane University ($4,700)
- 2015 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship ($142,000)
- 2015 SSE Graduate Dean’s’ Conference Travel Award, Tulane University ($300)
- 2014 Louisiana Board of Regents Graduate Student Fellowship ($120,000)
- 2014 Mongabay.org Special Reporting Fellowship ($5,000)
- Writing Minor, Humboldt State University 2006-2010
- Grant Writing, Humboldt State University, 2009
- Grant Writing and Professional Development, Tulane University, 2014
- Poynter ACES Certificate in Editing, 2017
- Federal Grant Writing 101, Udemy.com, 2018
- Getting Foundation Grants, Nonprofitready.org, 2018
Did I mention I love this work?