Telling the stories of science—especially the tiny ones here on Earth.
For the past decade, I have worked as a professional science writer, leveraging my background in the life sciences and research ( botany, ecology and microbiology) to bring the stories of science to everyone.
I am now a full time staff writer at the conservation and science news site mongabay.com
You can see my current Mongabay portfolio here: https://news.mongabay.com/by/liz-kimbrough-2/
World Conference for Science Journalists (2017)
- How Decolonizing Science Can Make it Better
- Covering Sexual Harassment in Science: Journalists Weigh in on the Challenges
Public Library of Science (2016)
- It can be done! – Building better dams in the Andean Amazon
- Roads through the rainforest: an overview of South America’s ‘arc of deforestation’
- Scientists discover new flying mammal in bushmeat market
- Why bioluminescent fungi glow in the dark
Innovation in Tropical Forest Conservation Series